- Freeze peanut butter or wet food in a kong and then give to your dog when you leave. This will take them longer and they will have to work harder then just giving it to them in its natural state.
- Nina Ottosson dog toys- these toys can be given to your dog filled with their food or filled with treats. They need to work to get the items out and not only is this good fine motor skills, but it is also great for making think.
- Bully sticks, Himalayan chews, antlers and other types of chews. These types of chews will keep your fur baby busy because they are long lasting. Rawhides can be dangerous for dogs, so we do not suggest those.
- Other interactive dog toys- interactive toys are a great way to keep your dog's mind fresh and have them get mentally tired. They are many options available so find one that is perfect for your dog.
- Hide treats around house before you leave so they have to work to find them. Great for food motivated dogs.
- If you live in an area that gets lots of vehicle or foot traffic leave the blinds open and way to look out the window and let your dog stay busy by watching the traffic go by.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
For those people that work all day and feel bad leaving their dogs home along there are several things you can do to keep your dog busy while you are gone.