- Never leave your dog in a hot car for any length of time. Cars get hot quickly, this can lead to overheating in your dog, which can lead to brain damage or death.
- Don't let your dog drink pool water. The chlorine and chemicals can be harmful.
- Not all dogs are good at the doggy paddle, be careful around rivers and lakes.
- The best times to walk your pet are in the morning or night when it is cooler. Another reason to walk when it is cooler is so that the pavement is not too hot on the dog's feet.
- Don't apply bug spray or sunscreen to your dog it may make them sick.
- Make sure your dog always has access to fresh water.
- If you are lucky enough to live by the ocean, watch the amount of seawater your dog drinks as it could make them sick.
For a dog swimsuit visit poochieheaven!